COVID - 19 UPDATE – IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT LEGISLATION WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU ALL BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, IN THE MEANTIME STAY SAFE AND LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER!!
SPECIAL OFFER!! LIMITED TIME ONLY 10% OFF!!! A person remembered, a birthday wish, an anniversary, a delightful thought or a romantic gesture.. our stainless steel perso ... Read More
SPECIAL OFFER!! LIMITED TIME ONLY 10% OFF!!!
A person remembered, a birthday wish, an anniversary, a delightful thought or a romantic gesture.. our stainless steel personalised plaques are a unique and special way to help cherish special memories and celebrate something you love. They are the perfect gift for any occasion and can be purchased in just a few simple steps.
The purchaser’s attention is specifically drawn to the provisions of clauses 11,12,13,14,15,16 and 20 which limit the liability of the Company to the purchaser.
UK Piers Limited and Skegness Pier Company Limited trading as Skegness Pier are hereinafter referred to as “The Company” in these terms and conditions
As part of the Celebratory Plaque Scheme, the Company will provide single plaques of varying sizes which shall be fixed to Skegness Pier railings on the seaward section of the outer deck of the Pier, with an inscription of the purchaser’s choosing.
1. The Plaque costs are as shown on the Skegness Pier website www.skegnesspier.co.uk
2. Payment can only be made by the purchaser using a debit or credit card at the point of submitting an order
3. Orders will be handled on a first-come first-served basis
4. The Company, or those acting on its behalf, reserves the right at its absolute discretion to approve all lettering and to refuse any order. In such cases The Company has no obligation to cite reason for the refusal but will provide the purchaser with a refund of the price paid for that particular order
5. After submitting an order, the purchaser shall receive an email from the Company confirming that the order has been received and attaching an electronic certificate.
6. Any amendments to the inscription provided on the order form must be notified to the Company by email to email@example.com within seven days of the receipt of the confirmation email attaching the electronic certificate.
Amendments notified within this deadline will be free of charge
No amendments to the inscription can be made after this deadline
7. Due to the plaques being of a personalised nature, the purchaser has no right of cancellation in respect of the order. No refunds will be given by the Company once the order has been placed, save in respect of clause 4 above
8. Plaques normally take between 6 to 8 weeks to be installed following an order but can take longer depending on demand.
9. The Company will have complete discretion over the location and installation date of the plaques.
10. All plaques remain the sole property of the Company
11. The Company will not be responsible or liable for the cleaning or maintenance of the plaques once they have been installed.
12. It is envisaged that the plaques will be displayed on Skegness Pier for a period of 20 years after which the commemorative plaque will be permanently removed. The Company reserves the right to move or relocate the plaques without liability.
13. Although of excellent quality and designed to last, the purchaser acknowledges, by placing the order, that plaques may become worn or damaged over time owing to natural causes. No liability can be accepted for this by the Company.
14. In addition, the purchaser acknowledges that the Company is open to the general public and the Company accepts no liability for damage, loss, vandalism or theft of any plaque.
15. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude the Company’s liability for:-
1. Death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable)
2. Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or
3. Breach of any terms implied by statute
16. Subject to Clause 15:
1. The Company shall not be liable to the purchaser whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with these terms; and
2. The Company’s total liability to the purchaser for all other losses arising under or in connection with these terms, whether in contract, tort, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by the purchaser for the relevant order.
18. For health and safety and general maintenance reasons, we respectfully request that no floral tributes are to be left on the Pier at any time
19. Due to special events, essential repairs and renovations it may not always be possible to view the plaque, therefore it is advisable to check access before a visit.
20. The Company will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under these terms or for any damage or loss to any plaque that is caused by an event outside its control. An event outside its control means any act or event beyond the Company’s reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lockouts or other industrial action by third parties , civil commotion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not)or threat or preparation for war, fire, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
21. Each of the paragraphs in these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
22. These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
23. By placing an order, the purchaser and the Company irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).